If you are looking to up the energy-efficiency levels for your swimming pool, it may be time to consider a solar swimming pool pump as a replacement for the traditional AC pump to keep the water circulating while using less energy.
AC Swimming Pool Pumps: Energy Monsters
AC swimming pools pumps are not efficient by design, which turns them into voracious monsters when it comes to energy consumption. This does a real number on your utility bill. But, until recently, it’s been the only choice for swimming pool owners. An AC swimming pool pump will always cost you money as long as you use it.
While you can switch an AC pump to solar power by adding solar panels and making some conversions, the cost of doing so would be better served just replacing it entirely with a solar power swimming pool pump.
A Better Way with Solar Swimming Pool Pumps
The benefits of solar swimming pool pumps outweigh the fact that they are certainly not cheap to buy and have installed. However, the return on investment starts working as soon as you flip the switch. Typical energy bill savings are about $80 per month on a 20,000 gallon pool. That could mean a payback on the switch in as little as two years, depending on how many months out of the year you are using your swimming pool. And, the best part of all is that, one day, your swimming pool filtering and heating will no longer cost anything!
Here are some other benefits:
- When energy costs are at their highest during the mid-day, the solar swimming pool pump is functioning at its prime, typically operating free of cost right smack in the middle of the day because it’s soaking up those solar rays.
- Even if your area experiences those common rolling brownouts or blackouts as so often happens in Palmdale, Lancaster, and the whole of the Antelope Valley during the summer, your swimming pool pump will still work. That means uninterrupted summer swimming pool fun.
- These pumps are built to last for a long time.
- The decrease in electricity usage also helps you do your part for the environment. The less electricity you use, the fewer pollutants you are contribution towards making.
- Real estate appraisers find that adding renewable energy equipment to your home adds value to your home in the eyes of home buyers, also adding to your return on investment.
Beyond swimming pools, these solar pumps work for in-ground spas, ponds, water features like fountains and waterfalls and even irrigation systems!
One word of warning is that not all filter types work effectively with solar pool pumps. The best choice is to have a cartridge-type filter followed by a sand filtration system. When you do select a swimming pool solar pump as a replacement for an AC pump, choose one that is half the size. This means that a ½ horsepower solar pump will replace a 1 horsepower AC pump.
Contact Us Now!
We would be happy to conduct an energy efficiency audit or provide you with more information on why you might consider replacing your energy-sucking AC swimming pool pump!
We provide expert installation that will have you saving money and the environment in no time while you lounge in your swimming pool all summer long!Tags: energy efficient swimming pool, palmdale pool service, swimming pool solar pumps